Tuesday, July 3, 2012

3D Card Chest/Gift Box - Very Sturdy! One for Baby Girl & One for a Pirate Boy




Wow! I am absolutely wrapped in this "Card Chest" tutorial that I purchased the other day from a UK demonstrator - Jenny Moors "Stampingmoments". It was about $4 something in Aus dollars and I am really impressed with this project and her blog is very impressive as well!! Her version of this chest looks gorgeous in "Mocha Morning Specialty DSP" but it sent my ideas running in all directions!
What i love about it most is it is "very sturdy" which makes it even more versatile. It does take a lot of "layering" with cardstock and DSP but the result is so worth the effort!!!
I love it soo much I've planned it for my "Christmas in August class" (I'm having mine in August instead of "July" - too much on this month as well as school holidays) so it will be a Christmas Chest with some easy cards and gift tags to go with it. Just contact me if you would like to come along and learn this great project!!
Nearly forgot, if you like the "Baby Chest" this stamp set is available in Stampin' Up!s Autumn Winter Mini Catalogue which is current till the end of July - the set is called "Baby Prints". I am happy with this set which is also great for scrapbooking pages! Well that's me for now...cheers Sue

3 comments: