Saturday, March 17, 2012

Stamping on tiles with Stampin' Up! Stazon and chalk pastels



I have stamped on other mediums before (other than card and paper) but was not aware that "chalk pastels" would stick to tiles until I saw a video tutorial by Tami White (StampwithTami) on the net the other day and she demonstrated applying chalk to tile with a blender pen! Well that was all I needed to start me off on a "tile creating mojo frenzy"!! lol. I thought they would make great little inexpensive gifts for all occasions! As you can see in my pictures, they would even make a different "wedding favour" for guests at their place settings! They are great as a "tile card" or "coaster".
 A few tips - glossy tiles don't take to chalk as well as the flat or tumbled tiles but if you are only using stazon you are able to wipe off any oooppses no trouble.
Stazon does not come off the rougher textured tiles so there is no room for error but they are great to chalk colour.
Seal them with only the "lightest" spray coats of laquer or the stazon will run very easily. A few very light coats works and they don't take long to dry inbetween.
These were soooo fun to do, something different but still able to make them with my favourite stamp sets!

No comments:

Post a Comment